Teaching Academy Members
Include your Teaching Academy membership in your CV, annual performance review, and promotion and tenure portfolio to demonstrate your dedication to being the best faculty, staff or graduate student you can be. A membership in the Teaching Academy also earns an invitation for you and your mentor or department head to the annual Teaching Academy Gala, where you can celebrate your pursuit of excellence in the company of other Teaching Academy members and donors.
Accumulating Hours Toward Membership
NMSU educators (faculty, staff, or students) accumulate hours toward membership each time you present or participate in any Teaching Academy event, whether it is a 90-minute workshop or semester-long short course.
- Participating in Teaching Academy events: One hour of credit for each hour of participation
- Serving on a panel: Five hours
- Presenting a workshop: Ten hours
- Placing a tenure or promotion packet in the Teaching Academy library and on the website: Ten hours
The Teaching Academy tracks these hours for you and awards a category of membership based on your level of participation. All members will receive a membership certificate. Throughout the year, you can print a list of events you have attended from the web site registration link.
A record of your participation in Teaching Academy is available online at trainingcentral.nmsu.edu.
- Log in using your NMSU username and password.
- Click on “My Training” in the menu bar across the top of the page.
- Click on “All Training Activity” in the navigation bar at the left of the next page.
- On the next page, click on “My Completed Courses.”
- On the next page, click on the “Active” tab.
- Enter the date span you require.
- Click the “Search” button.
- Select the information you want in your report, (e.g., hours are not listed by default and you may want to include this data in your report):
- At the top of the resultant list, click the “Modify Table” link.
- In the pop-up window, select the columns you want to include in your report.
- Click the “Save” button to return to your participation list.
- Click the “Print” link to generate a report.
- At the top of the next page, click the “Print” link in the upper right hand corner to print your report.
You may also want to include your membership in your curriculum vitae. We’ve provided an example of how you can document your participation in your CV.
Who Can Become a Member?
Membership is open to any NMSU educator, including faculty, staff, and students. All memberships last for one academic year. The three categories of membership, based on the number of accumulated hours, are:
- Distinguished Member: 40 hours
- Sustaining Member: 20 hours
- Member: 10 hours