The NMSU Teaching Academy received national and international recognition ten times in our first ten years:
- Engineering education experts, Richard Felder and Rebecca Brent, referred to the NMSU Teaching Academy as the place where “Tara Gray has created the most extensive and widely attended faculty development program we have seen” (Chemical Engineering Education, Winter 2013, 47(1), p. 25).
- The Teaching Academy membership program was one of three model programs selected internationally to be featured at an AAC&U summer institute by Dee Fink, former president of POD Network (the national faculty development organization).
- The Teaching Academy fund-raising program was featured in Inside Higher Ed.
- Six NMSU faculty members who participated in the Teaching Portfolios Workshop at the Teaching Academy had their portfolios included in the book, The Teaching Portfolio by Peter Seldin, Elizabeth Miller and Clement Seldin.
- The Teaching Academy fund-raising program was selected by POD Network as a finalist for their Innovation Award.
- Director Tara Gray was invited to present on the Academy and the Academy’s fund-raising efforts to Montana State University, New Mexico Highlands University, the 66 universities in the SUNY system, and Higher Colleges of Technology in the United Arab Emirates.