Teaching Academy Members
Accumulating Hours Toward Membership
Membership in the Teaching Academy is open to any NMSU educator, including faculty, staff, and graduate students. Memberships last for one academic year. You accumulate hours toward membership each time you present or participate in any Teaching Academy event, by serving on a panel, presenting a workshop or sharing your tenure or promotion packet:
- Participating in Teaching Academy events: One hour of credit for each hour of participation
- Serving on a panel: Five hours
- Presenting a workshop: Ten hours
- Placing your tenure or promotion packet in the Teaching Academy library and on the password-protected website: Ten hours
The Teaching Academy tracks these hours for you and awards a category of membership based on your level of participation:
- Distinguished Member: 40 hours
- Sustaining Member: 20 hours
- Member: 10 hours
All members receive a membership certificate and an invitation to the annual Teaching Academy Gala, where you enjoy the camaraderie of other members and celebrate your accomplishment. Membership is earned by 350 NMSU educators each year.
Documenting Your Membership
Include your Teaching Academy membership in your annual performance review, promotion and tenure portfolio and CV to demonstrate your dedication to being the best faculty, staff or graduate student you can be. We’ve provided an example of how you can document your participation. A record of your participation in Teaching Academy is available online at Training Central. The following instructions will help you get the information you need, including the hours for each of your events.